Two of my friends and I decided we would ride the "NEW" and "COOL" Front Runner for FREE on Tuesday. Well, it was a total of three adults and 8 kids two of which had to be held. We thought it wold be a nice thing for the kids to experience and we would go down to the gateway, get ice cream and ride back. Great idea...right? Wrong! We had no idea how crowded it was going to be and we all had to stand right by the door for a 45 min ride. My friend and I got motion sickness and one of the kids did aswell and was pretty close to letting it out, as was I. We made it to the Gateway and by the time we got to the ice cream store all we wanted to do was sit and stay! We were exhausted! My friend and I had been holding our kids the whole time and our arms were pure jello. On the walk back to the station we went the wrong way and got stared down by the SLC bums and there were times we felt they were just gonna grab one of our kids. The kids no longer wanted to keep walking and we had to beg them to just keep going a little longer. On the train our babies were screaming and crying, the kids were hungry, tierd, angry etc. we heard it all. Luckily this time we got seats but we did have to wait 30 min to head out to Ogden. My friends and I just wanted to shoot ourselfs. Oh it was once in a lifetime experience to remember.




6 comments:
so sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. i've been trying to stay off the computer as much as i can (that resolve won't last, i'll tell you that.)
i'm glad you're blogging! i'm glad we'll get to know what's going on in each other's lives, even if the days are rough. i hate when good intentioned plans turn so bad.
Crazy day!! I was thinking it might be fun to try the trains with the kids too, but now I think I will wait a bit until the newness wears off!
sounds so miserable. we considered it, but everyone i talked to had a similary lame experiance as you. perhaps when its not so new and fun it will be a better idea. but at least you got ice cream, right?
Hey- atleast you WENT. I haven't had a chance to go yet but I think I am also going to wait until the "newness" of it all dies down. When are we going to Baskin Robbins again??? I'm always up for the walk. :)
the video is awesome. the mess - priceless. even if it did take forever to clean. she's a doll. did you cut your hair?
we haven't yet tried a trip like that yet...looking forward to it, though! Ü
it was nice to hear from kenia the other day from your blog!
Post a Comment