Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bee Bee (late update)

A million thanks to my dear friend Gina!
The next day after we lost her "Bee Bee" I went everywhere looking for her darn Blanket and found nothing. We tried one w/ the same material but different colors and I got a big fat "no!" from Miya. That day I talked to Gina and she reminded me she had one just like it and was willing to donate it to save our sleepless nights. That night she came over w/ the blanket. Miya took it and smelled it, of course it did not smell like her smelly Bee Bee. She looked quite confused but it only took a couple of minutes before she screamed "Yay!" hugged it, stuffed it in her mouth and was asleep in no time. We had a great night sleep that night. The next morning I was going out to the store and noticed a pile of something pink under my neighbors car. It was Bee Bee! It turns out her "Bee Bee" was left in the neighbors driveway. It had been driven on, sprinkled on and who knows what else but I still jumped out of car and ran over to grab it from under the car. Even though it was pretty nasty looking I was so happy to have the "original Bee Bee" in my hands.
Wow! I never thought Miya's blanket would have it's own post!

3 comments:

sheri rog said...

YAY! i had a bee-bee, too when i was little. there's nothing like having that old blanket to look upon when you're older. such good memories! glad you found it, girl!

sarah said...

someone gave me the advice that if your child has a blanket that they must have, cut it in half, refinish the two, and put the other half away so you'll have a backup if one is lost or completely worn away. i don't know how miya would feel about a smaller bee-bee, but it might be better than nothing!

Oblad girl said...

Very nice, Cassy- I can just see you darting from your car and crawling under some rusty, nasty car to free your child's beloved bee-bee! What a devoted parent!