Thursday, March 27, 2008

Miyas Heart update

We cannot be more thankful to our Heavenly Father for the gift of prayer. These last couple of weeks Stuart and I have felt very scared and nervous about Miya's surgery. We decided to kneel and pray and asked our Heavenly Father to help us know if this was the right time to do surgery and to assure us that everything would be fine. Well, last week I received a phone call from her Cardiologist. She told me that after looking over Miya's paperwork and knowing her current weight and condition that she feels we should wait 6 more months. She said she felt that if we were to do it in April the surgery would be to intense and we would just be putting her life at risk. Stuart and I felt so relieved and our answer to our prayers could not be any clearer then this. So now we will wait until this coming fall for Miya's surgery. She will have a Cardiologist app. in the summer to make sure things are looking OK. We also hope we can chunk her up some more and get her weighing at least 20 lbs. We will keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

Weider Global said...

it is good to hear about the date change. i hope everything is going well and i will talk to you soon!

Meghan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TODAY!!!
LOVE the new blog. i am glad you get to wait on miya's surgery. we'll have to fatten her right up over the summer... can i be a friend on your page?

Ali said...

I am glad you got an answer to your prayer! I hope Miya can gain the weight she needs for the surgery! Your family is in my prayers!